Monday, October 31, 2011

No Geek for Non Fiction can be without Book TV


Book TV logo 200px.jpg


Saturdays are a workday for me and I can usually keep booktv on CSPAN2, or http://www.booktv.org ,  on while I am doing my office and household chores.  I have" met" more authors and learned of books  from these shows than I can name. Book TV tries very hard to keep the politics balanced and does many different genre of non-fiction. CSPAN began in the '70s and has blossomed into quite a network.  BookTV  emerged in 1998 from a program called "Book Notes" that ran for quite a few years. There are no Hollywood special effects here.  The production budget is spartan but the content, usually from book signings, is good.  Admittedly, you have to wade through a few droll programs that seem to go on forever.  This is why God gave us a mute button.  Keep looking, there are some seriously interesting, world class panels and speakers too.    See their website for book news, podcasts and programming info.  No book geek, tragically hip geeks even, can be without it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment